Take the first step to a healthier you
Hollie Farley, East Sussex County Council
27 December 2017
It’s almost the New Year and for many of us we are starting to think about New Year’s Resolutions and getting some healthier habits for 2018.
Whether you overindulged at Christmas or just feel like you could lose a few pounds, move more, cut down on the drinking, or stop smoking, you can make small changes to improve your health right away.
Public Health England’s One You campaign is a good way to decide which lifestyle changes are best for you. Kick start the new year by taking the free online ‘How Are You’ health quiz. It asks you some simple lifestyle questions and provides personalised recommendations based on your results.
If moving more is one of their recommendations for you, Active Rother can help!! Here are just some of the activities starting this January in Rother, which on takes your fancy?
- Find out about a free 7 day pass with Freedom Leisure. Contact your local Freedom Leisure for more details.
- Give running a try with one of the latest Walk to Run courses in Bexhill or Rye. The Bexhill course starts 3 January with Rye starting 13 January!
- Looking for something with a gentler pace? Bexhill Leisure Centre are running Walking Cricket Sessions every Friday 9.30 to 11.30am.
- Need to strengthen up? Try Pilates! It’s a great way to strengthen your core and improve overall fitness and well-being.
- Build balance and power whilst reducing bodyweight with Kettlebell workouts! This is a new course starting 5 January at Bexhill Leisure Centre.
- Need a bit more support to reach your goal? Get in touch with Freedom Leisure to find out more about their Biggest Loser tailored six week weight loss program.
- Can’t decide? Try a mix of activities with Barre Concept which combines ballet, pilates and yoga to build strength, muscle tone and flexibility.
If you need more support to make lifestyle changes, then locally, One You East Sussex can help you to make simple changes towards a longer and happier life. They provide tools, motivational support and encouragement every step of the way!